The V Foundation Wine Celebration is conducting a raffle for a Stephen Silver Fine Jewelry The Cascading “V” Necklace of round brilliant cut diamonds, with 18.22 carat total diamond weight, valued at $58,000.
1. OFFICIAL RULES: The Official Rules of The V Foundation for Cancer Research ‘Pearls of Hope’ Drawing (“Raffle”) are set forth below. By entering the raffle, entrant agrees to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions and interpretation of the Sponsor.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this raffle is the V Foundation for Cancer Research (“Sponsor”), a tax-exempt, non-profit organization located at 14600 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The raffle is open to qualifying persons 18 years of age or older who complete an entry in accordance with these Rules (“Entrants”). Officers or employees of Sponsor, or members of their immediate families, are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: All entries with payment must be received by The V Foundation for Cancer Research (Sponsor), at The V Foundation Wine Celebration event, no later than 6 p.m. PST on August 5, 2017. Entrant may purchase raffle tickets for $500 (participants may purchase multiple tickets; up to 10 tickets) from an authorized representative of Sponsor. Only Sponsor’s officially authorized and numbered raffle tickets may be used to enter. Altered, mutilated or illegible entries will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, mutilated, illegible, or misdirected entries.
5. GRAND PRIZE: Stephen Silver Fine Jewelry The Cascading “V” Necklace of round brilliant cut diamonds, with 18.22 carat total diamond weight, valued at $58,000.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: The winner will be selected by a random drawing on August 5, 2017 at The V Foundation Wine Celebration event in Napa Valley, CA. One Grand Prize winner will be selected. The Sponsor will also draw a first alternate and a second alternate winner on the date of the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decision is final on all matters relating to this raffle. Winners need not be present to win. Attempts will be made to notify the winners immediately after the event by the usual methods of business communications, including telephone, email, and/or U.S. Mail. Raffle entrants will provide whatever information is necessary to affect such notice at time of purchase of a ticket. The V Foundation for Cancer Research will only be required to attempt to contact winners by the means of contact described herein via the information provided by the raffle entrant at the time of ticket purchase. Should a raffle entrant’s contact information change after his/her purchase of a raffle ticket, it shall be the responsibility of the raffle entrant to notify The V Foundation for Cancer Research in writing.
Winner must agree to accept prize by August 18, 2017. If prize remains unclaimed as of August 18, 2017, the Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to the first alternate winner. The requirements for the winner will be the same as described herein along with the methods of notification. Winner will have 14 days to agree to accept their prize, after which the prize will be awarded to the second alternate. If necessary, the Sponsor will hold additional drawings to select additional alternates. This process will be repeated every 14 days until the winner has agreed to accept their prize. No cash or other substitutions will be made for prizes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of entries received. The drawing will be limited to five hundred (500) entries.
7. ENTRANT RESPONSIBILITY: All expenses and taxes of any kind are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Internal Revenue Service does not generally consider amounts paid for chances in raffles or similar drawings for prizes as tax-deductible donations. Consult your own personal tax advisor. Entries are void where prohibited.
8. GOVERNING LAW: Any dispute arising in connection with this drawing shall be governed by California law. Should any portion of these rules be deemed invalid, the remaining provisions shall still have full force and effect. The Rules listed herein may only be modified in writing with notice to all entrants. Notice will be considered having been given with publication of any modifications to the “Rules” on The V Foundation Wine Celebration web site. In the event of a modification to the published “Rules”, entrants may obtain a refund of the entry payment upon written notice to The V Foundation for Cancer Research and surrender of their portion of the raffle ticket. Written notice of an entrant’s refund request and the raffle ticket must be received prior to the date of the drawing.
9. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, Entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions and interpretation of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify from the raffle, and to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law, any Entrant or prize winner who, in Sponsor’s sole but reasonable suspicion, tampers with the raffle, the entry process, intentionally submits more than the paid number of entries, violates these Official Rules, or acts ion an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. This raffle is being conducted in accordance with the Rules for tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations to conduct fundraising raffles by the Attorney General of the State of California under Penal Code section 320.5 and Title 9, section 410 et seq. of California Code of Regulations. The V Foundation for Cancer Research is a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt organization and registered with the State of California Secretary of State and Attorney General Offices. Registration does not constitute endorsement by those agencies.
10. RELEASE: By entering, Entrant consents to the use of the winner’s name and likeness and any statements, quotes or testimonials provided by the winner for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrant releases Sponsor, its affiliates, their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this raffle or by acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
For a list of winners, please write to:
The V Foundation for Cancer Research
14600 Weston Parkway,
Cary, NC 27513
• Federal and state taxes at 28% are the sole responsibility of the winner
• Winner to fill out W-9 upon acceptance of prize and pay taxes prior to receiving winning item
• Wine Celebration to provide 1099 in January to winner
• Winner will agree to accept prize within 14 days of drawing
• If winner doesn’t agree to accept prize within 14 days, prize goes to first alternate
• No cash or other substitutions will be made for the prize
• Recipient does not have to be present to win
• Must be 18 to enter
• Raffle tickets not tax deductible
• Void where prohibited
• TVF & VWC employees and immediate family are not eligible to win
About The V Foundation
The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State basketball coach and ESPN commentator. Since 1993, The Foundation has raised more than $170 million to fund cancer research grants nationwide. It awards 100 percent of all direct cash donations to cancer research and related programs. Administrative and fundraising expenses are paid by the Foundation’s endowment. The V Foundation awards grants through a competitive awards process strictly supervised by a Scientific Advisory Board. For more information on The V Foundation, or to make a donation, please visit www.jimmyv.org or www.winecelebration.org
NAPA VALLEY, CA, AUGUST 9, 2016 – The V Foundation for Cancer Research’s annual fundraiser, the V Wine Celebration, garnered
We are thrilled to welcome a new partner this year at The V Foundation Wine Celebration. The JG Black Book