V Foundation Translational Clinical Research Grants
Developed to facilitate the transition of projects from the laboratory to the clinic.
Translational researchers seek to apply their knowledge of cancer and bring the benefits of the new understandings directly to patients more quickly and efficiently.
V Designated Grants
Targeted towards projects in communities or regions local to the fundraising area or of high importance to the donors. Fundraisers
and donors work with The V Foundation to identify a specific project, facility or awareness program.
2013 Translational Grants
– Nika Danial, PH.D., Margaret Shipp, M.D. , Jarrod Marto, PH.D., Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA. Fueling DLBCL Proliferation and Survival: A Role for Fatty Acid Metabolism.
– Ralph Deberardinis, M.D., Ph.D., Kemp Kernstein, M.D., Ph.D, Children’s Medical Center Research Institute at the University of Texas SW, Dallas, TX.
Translational Studies in Lung Cancer Metabolism: Creating New Paradigms in Diagnosis and Therapy.
– Ite Laird-Offringa, Ph.D., Barbara Gitlitz, M.D., Martin Kast, Ph.D., Kimberly Siegmund, Ph.D., Lina Wang, M.D., Michael Wong, Ph.D., USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA.
Development of Immunotherapy for Small Cell Lung Cancer using Novel Modified Antigens.
– Yao-Tseng Chen, M.D., Ph.D., Leonard Salta, M.D, Pengbo Zhou, Ph.D, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY.
Ubiquitin Ligase as a Novel Diagnostic Marker for Colorectal Cancer
2013 Designated Grants:
– Ravi Bhatia, M.D. and Smita Bhatia, M.D., M.P.H., City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA.
Molecular Pathogenesis of Therapy-Related Myelodysplasia *In Honor of Robin Roberts
– Li Chai, M.D, Gao Chong, M.D., Ph.D., Brigham & Womens Hospital, Boston, MA.
Target Leukemic Stem Cell Factor in MDS/AML *In Honor of Robin Roberts
– Christopher A. Maher, Ph.D. Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
Understanding the Role of Polycomb Associated LncRNAs in Prostate Cancer
* Vintner Grant in Honor of Fred Constant, Dick Grace, Jeff Gargiulo, Lowell Herrero and Fred Schweiger
– Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Herman Family Advanced Diagnostic and Surgical Services Pavilion, Napa, CA.
Clinical Laboratory and Pathology Services
– St. Helena Hospital, Martin-O’Neil Cancer Center, St. Helena, CA.
Clinical Research Program
NAPA VALLEY, CA, AUGUST 9, 2016 – The V Foundation for Cancer Research’s annual fundraiser, the V Wine Celebration, garnered
We are thrilled to welcome a new partner this year at The V Foundation Wine Celebration. The JG Black Book
The V Foundation Wine Celebration is conducting a raffle for a Stephen Silver Fine Jewelry 18K White Gold Diamond Bracelet